Felician Sisters from Wisconsin and Illinois, with the Privincial Administratior from Beaver Falls, PA.
In thanksgiving for the Felician Sisters Service
After almost 144 years of service in the Diocese of La Crosse, the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Felix of Cantalice, affectionately called the Felician Sisters, closed St. Clare Convent in Polonia this past September and no longer have sisters serving in our diocese. St. Clare Convent became their first place of foundation in the United States when Mother Monica and her sisters came from Poland at the request of Father Joseph Dabrowski, then pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish in Polonia. A great debt of gratitude is owed to the Felician Sisters for their invaluable service, first to the many Polish immigrants and the Winnebago people. Their teaching and pastoral assistance helped set the foundations for the Faith in that region of our diocese. May God reward them!
Webinar — Raise Them Well — Emotional Maturity
• Jan. 7 | 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• A healthy person controls his or her emotions and uses emotions the way God intends. This webinar will move beyond a discussion of feelings and reveal the beauty of God’s plan for emotional maturity. Register at: https://diolc.regfox.com/raise-them-well-emotional-maturity.
All You Can Eat Fish Fry — Eau Claire
• Jan. 11 | 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Jan. 25 | 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Feb. 8 | 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Feb. 22 | 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• St. Olaf Men’s Club will be holding their famous “All You Can Eat Fish Fries” again each Friday through April 2019 in the Father Agnew Parish Center.
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat — Eau Claire
• Jan. 11 – 12 | 5:30 p.m.
• Contact: Deb Welch
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 715.835.9935
• Cost: $100 per couple
Burning Hearts Theology of the Body
• Tomah, Jan. 12 | 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
• Wausau, Jan. 26 | 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
• This day-long seminar is for all adults to learn more about Theology of the Body. The first 50 people registered at each event are free. After, it’s $10 to register and includes lunch. Visit diolc.org/yya for more information or contact 608.791.2652 or email@example.com.
GIVEN Marriage Retreat — Marshfield
• Jan. 12 | 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 201 W. Blodgett St., Marshfield
• GIVEN is a short, powerful retreat for couples to share, learn and celebrate marriage with other couples through engaging talks, lively music, adoration, prayer and reconciliation.
Pilgrimage for Life
• Jan. 16 – 20
• The annual Pilgrimage for Life is open to people age 13 and up. Either join the group from your parish or contact the diocesan Office for Youth & Young Adult Ministry at 608.791.2652 or visit our website at diolc.org/m4l-reg.
All You Can Eat Fish Fry — Richland Center
• Jan. 18 | 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Feb. 15 | 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• St. Mary Parish, 160 W. 4th St., Richland Center, WI
• Held in the church basement andserved family-style.
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat — Stevens Point
• Jan. 19 | 7:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
• Contact: Kristi Vuorinen
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 715.303.7780
• Cost: $100 per couple
Brains and Brawn — La Crosse
• Jan. 26 | 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• The Brains and Brawn Tournament will be held at Aquinas Middle and High schools.
• Mass will follow at 6 p.m.
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat – Richland Center
• Jan. 26 | 9 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
• Contact: Cheryl Blankenship
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 608.647.2621
• Cost: $75 per couple
Catholic Schools Week
• Jan. 27 – Feb. 2
• Catholic Schools Week is a time to celebrate the students, teachers, parents, and communities of our Catholic schools. We celebrate our faith in Jesus and His work within our classrooms, hallways and churches.
Holy Happy Hour — Mauston
• Jan. 29 | 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Feb. 26 | 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• St. Patrick Parish is hosting Holy Happy Hours at State Street Tap. Our hope is to bring together Catholics to socialize and engage in meaningful conversations in a relaxed atmosphere.
Fish Dinner — Durand (Lima)
• Feb. 1 | 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Holy Rosary Parish, Lima, will be holding a fish dinner at the parish, N6235 County Road V, Durand.
Diaconate Discenrment Retreat — Maraton
• Feb. 1 – 2 | 7 p.m.
• A new deacon formation class will begin in the fall of 2019 and attendance at the Discernment Retreat is a prerequisite. For more on the diaconate and the discernment retreat, visit www.diolc.org/diaconate.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 608-791-0161
Webinar — Raise Them Well — Intellectual Maturity
• Feb. 4 | 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• During this webinar, we will unravel the importance of intellectual maturity and how it is the path toward truth and goodness.
• Register at www.diolc.regfox.com/raise-them-well-intellectual-maturity
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat — Chippewa Falls
• Feb. 8 – 9 | 7 p.m.
• Contact: Karin Hawkins
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 715.723.4890
• Cost: $70 per couple
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat — La Crosse
• Feb. 8 – 9 | 6:15 p.m.
• Contact: Maggie Leon
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 608.782.2953
• Cost: $75 per couple
Dad’s Belgian Waffle Breakfast — Eau Galle
• Feb. 9 | 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• An all-you-can-eat breakfast at St. Henry Parish Center, N460 County Road D, Eau Galle.
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat — Marshfield
• Feb. 16 | 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Contact: Alanna Hart
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 715.650.7310
• Cost: $80 per couple