Pornography is harmful to individuals and to marriages. Social science research
documents the negative effects:
- Wives whose husbands view pornography often begin to feel unattractive and may become severely depressed.
- The distress level in some wives may be so high as to require clinical treatment for trauma.
- Wives experience decreased intimacy from husbands who use pornography.
- Prolonged exposure to pornography fosters dissatisfaction with, and even distaste for, a spouse’s affection.
- Pornography is increasingly correlated with divorce,and according to the only study on the issue, in 56 percent of divorce cases at least one spouse was obsessively interested in pornography.
- Forty percent of husbands who are addicted to pornography eventually lose their spouse.
- Most men and many women have a false view of the effect of pornography.
Pornography undermines a man’s capacity to be a good husband on many
levels. Do your sons know that pornography will rob them of their capacity for
marriage? Do your daughters?